Popular Posts

Aug 5, 2013

Display Port to Mini HDMI are soon going to be extinct


The only let down is the lack of audio support. Even though audio is supported by the adapter and by Mini HDMI DisplayPort specifications, it currently does not work. Hopefully in the future Apple will add audio support through a software update, but as of now there no way to know if that’s even an option.I used my LockPort for all of my last shots. Most of them were shot with my RedRock micro Shoulder Rig, which gives me maximum flexibility and is ideal for one man productions. During the previous shots I often bumped to the Mini HDMI cables and after a while both broke! There is nothing more annoying than a not working camera kit, especially if it is the only one. After the second cable broke I ordered the LockPort and it works awesome! I use it on my 7D since then and due to the simple design it is working very great. The large HDMI plug won't break unless you use brute force.But where is the problem? Well, according to the HDMI specifications “The HDMI specification defines an Mini HDMI as having only HDMI connectors on the ends. Anything else is not a licensed use of the specification and therefore, not allowed.” Since the Display Port male connector is not an HDMI one, the cable does not meet the requirements.
But the Mini HDMI organization points out the Display Port socket to HDMI female socket cable is good to go, but the usefulness of such a cable is a different story. .

No comments:

Post a Comment